Top 10 Health Training Course for The Elderly
It is said that health is wealth and without it, a man cannot live without it. However, in today’s day and age, people are struggling with many new diseases and cases of obesity. The coronavirus pandemic has made things worse for all as well. Thus, the need to pay attention to one’s own health and fitness to live a healthy life arises.
For senior citizens, it becomes all the more important to remain healthy. This is because, in their stage of life, their bodies tend to become extremely weak and vulnerable to a host of health problems and diseases which can lead to sickness and even death. Hence, often there are worries for the health of the elderly compared to the youth or adults, especially during epidemics.
Importance of Health
Being healthy becomes really important for a lot of reasons. Some of them are mentioned below:
1. Maintain and improve performance: The body and mind are said to be in a good shape when it is healthy. Only when they are in good shape, one can perform tasks effectively and efficiently and the same can get improved as well.
2. Weight Management: Excess weight gain can lead to various physical health issues such as obesity, heart problems, diabetes, and even cancer. To avoid them, being healthy is required and this is possible with regular exercises and eating balanced meals. Being physically active is necessary to remain healthy in the long run and this happens with the help of weight loss targets, immunity system boost, and increased energy level.
3. Boost Energy: A healthy lifestyle will lead a relaxed mind and energetic body. Exercise and healthy eating can immensely improve your mood and boost your self-confidence. It can also help you to overcome stress and fatigue as well.
4. Improve morale and motivation: Being healthy can boost your energy. This not only enhances productivity but also improves the morale of the people. When unhealthy, especially facing mental health problems, people tend to remain unmotivated
Components of health
There are three components of health which the physical, nutritional, and physiological aspects respectively.
Physical health is exercise-oriented and stresses its importance in daily lives. Research shows that exercising on a regular basis can let people have a better quality of life and live longer. There is cardiovascular exercise, stretching, strength training, core stability, etc. which can improve your health in this area.
Another component is of nutritional health. The human body needs sufficient protein, vitamins, minerals, fat, etc. in order to function efficiently as well to strengthen the immunity of the body. With proper immunity, the body will be safe from diseases. Thus, it is important to have proper nutrients in the body and this can be achieved by having a balanced diet.
Physiological health is about the mind. Without a healthy mind, the other parts in the body would start functioning inefficiently and performance will decrease too. For this, the brain needs enough rest, and one important way to get rest is through getting sufficient sleep. Relaxing between physical activities is essential for the proper growth of your body.
10 Courses To Keep The Elderly Healthy
Healthy living is possible even with old age with ways to do so. Live or Online physical exercise courses and programs have always been there for the elderly. Lately, online courses for the health and fitness of senior citizens are being organized by various institutions globally as well
According to sources, here are the top 10 health training courses for the elderly which are as follows:
1. Biohacking Your Brain's Health: Organised by Emory University, this free, four-week online course explains how one can maximize the brain's fitness with the help of nutrition, exercise, meditation, and sleep. The course is taught by Karima Benameur, an assistant professor of neurology at Emory University. Here, one can learn from recent research on brain health and receive weekly tips for improving your brain's health. This is helpful for the elderly dealing with cognitive dissonance due to aging.
2. Beyond Balancing Calories: To increase healthspan, one needs to manage one weight and this course is immensely helpful for the same. This is organized by Emory University and it examines the root causes of obesity. Here, one can learn about how stress, a sedentary lifestyle, and inadequate sleep disrupts the appetite control system. One can develop a better understanding of the physiology behind obesity here and the course aims to help one how to work with your body to manage your weight.
3. Sit Less, Get Active: This course by Edinburgh University can teach people how to monitor their own activity and set physical activity goals aiming to make being active a more tangible goal. Additionally, after the initial three-week course ends, it offers an opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for six months.
4. Managing Your Health: The Role of Physical Therapy and Exercise: This six-week course is organized by Toronto University for learning about the ties between exercise and cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, cancer, sports injuries, and arthritis. Also, this course teaches about how physical activity and exercise are important and how these practices can benefit you as you age making it ideal for the elderly.
5. AEA Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program: A relaxed team exercise program being carried out in warm water consisting in two levels, Basic and Plus for different ability levels.
6. Promotion of Healthy Ageing: This free five-week course by Karolinska Institutet will explain the tenets of healthy aging. This course highlights the idea to modify our lifestyle and engage in healthy behaviours and along with these addresses health promotion strategies for older adults.
7. Nutrition in Ageing: One of the best ways to increase your health span—or the number of healthy years of life you live—is to eat healthy foods. In this course, you'll learn all about nutrition requirements for older people, the role nutrition can play in preventing disease, and how social settings can impact eating behavior.
8. Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less: It is a 15-week online weight management program in which evidence-based strategies help participants achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
9. Enhance Fitness: The one-hour group classes include stretching, flexibility, balance, low-impact aerobics, and strength training respectively.
10. Active Choices: This is a six-month physical activity program that helps individuals incorporate preferred physical activities in their daily lives. The program is individualized i.e., the requirements for each person differently and the program can be tailor-made accordingly. Here, the staff or volunteers are trained to provide regular and telephone-based guidance and support and mail follow-up is delivered to participant’s homes.
It was not very far in the past when cell phones were viewed as a wellspring of interruption for understudies. Instructors and guardians did whatever it takes n
In the past few years, online learning is becoming very popular among students all over the world. It will also help the potential students, no matter their dai
Most of the students are stressed while studying and this stress can have a very bad effect on their health, wellbeing and especially on their exams results. It
Short-term job-oriented courses help you get some extra degrees and knowledge that help you achieve a better career. A short-term course with a high salary will
In today's business world, challenges can arise anytime, and be an effective leader. You need to be capable of handling those challenges with great intellig